Home » Youtuber Karl Rock Alleges That He Has Been Blacklisted By Indian Govt, Moves HC To Come Back To Wife In India

Youtuber Karl Rock Alleges That He Has Been Blacklisted By Indian Govt, Moves HC To Come Back To Wife In India

by Ankita Mohanty
Youtuber Karl Rock Alleges That He Has Been Blacklisted By Indian Govt, Moves HC To Come Back To Wife In India

YouTuber Karl Rock, hailing from New Zealand, has filed a petition in the Delhi High Court asking for his name to be removed from a ‘blacklist’ so that he can return to his wife and home in India.

Rock, whose real name goes by Karl Edward Rice, claims that the Indian government had cancelled his visa last year without informing the reason why he was “blacklisted”.

He owns a youtube channel of 1.79 million subscribers, where he addressed the fact that he has been ‘blacklisted’ through a video. The video is titled ‘Why I Haven’t Seen My Wife in 269 Days #Blacklist and was published on 9th July.

Rock says he hasn’t seen his wife, Manisha Malik, in almost a year.

He even claims that he had sent multiple emails to the home ministry and that Malik had even gone to the ministry to find a solution, but to no avail.

He had also appealed to the Indian high commissioner in Wellington, New Zealand, and even visited the High Commission but they yielded no results.

After further introspection by the press, the Ministry of External Affairs responded by saying, “Karl Edward Rice, a New Zealand national, has been restricted from entering India till next year due to violating terms and conditions of his visa. He was found doing business activities on a tourist visa and also violating certain other visa conditions.”

Rock became popular on YouTube for uploading videos on a range of topics that includes travel experiences and exposing call centre scams. He claims he last left India in October 2020 to travel across Dubai and Pakistan.

In the video, he claims that he has been blacklisted by the government without a proper reason.

“When I left through the New Delhi International Airport, they cancelled my visa. They would not tell me why they were cancelling my visa,” he says.

“Before somebody is blacklisted, they’re meant to be given a right of reply and time to reply. I wasn’t,” he added.

Rock also started an online petition on Change.org asking for support from the Indian mass to help him remove his name from the alleged ‘blacklist’. As of 6.30 pm Friday, it had been signed by over 37,000 people.

Rock claims that India is his home and he will come back to India anyhow. He ends the video with a firm ‘Jai ho’.

www.rtdjournal.com

India: Finance Minister Announces Free Tourist Visa For 5 Lakh Tourists. Check Details

You may also like

Leave a Comment