The great deeds of our great Gurus have always remain the source of inspiration for all of us. To strengthen the ancient culture of India a remarkable initiative is taken by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday inaugurating the Statue of Equality in Hyderabad.
“The statue of Ramanujacharya has been established on Basant Panchami. I pray that what Ramanujacharya preached will guide the world. The statues of our Gurus are the way to achieve knowledge”, said PM Modi during the inauguration.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Statue of Equality:
– The statue is made up of ‘panchaloha’, a combination of five metals- gold, silver, copper, brass, and zinc.
– At 216 feet, it is among the tallest metallic statues in sitting position in the world.
– It is mounted on a 54-feet high base building, named ‘Bhadra Vedi’.
– The building has a digital library and research centre, ancient Indian texts, a theatre, an educational gallery detailing many works and philosophies of Sri Ramanujacharya.
– At 216-feet, Statue of Equality is among the tallest metallic statues in sitting position in the world.
– The statue’s inauguration is part of the 12-day celebration of Sri Ramanujacharya’s 1,000th birth anniversary.
– It is located in a 45-acre complex on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
– The foundation stone was laid in 2014. The Rs. 1,000-crore project was funded entirely by donations from devotees globally.
– The statue has been conceptualised by Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swami of Sri Ramanujacharya Ashram.
– Sri Ramanujacharya worked tirelessly for the upliftment of people regardless of nationality, gender, race, caste or creed
– The statue will once again strengthen the ancient culture of India. What Ramanujacharya gained through years of travel and learning will now be available here
The Statues Of Our Gurus