The Odisha government has issued a set of recommendations for international travellers (for educational purposes, or to seek jobs in other countries) as well as those competing in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
According to current Health Ministry guidelines, the second dose of Covishield vaccination can be given after 28 days but before 84 days.
The following points mentioned in the guideline are:
1) ADPHO (FW) or ADUPHO may be identified as the competent authority for COVISHIED 2nd dose vaccination administration.
2) Only government-designated CVCs will be permitted to vaccinate these citizens’ vaccination groups.
3) The district may educate individuals about the vaccine via a website or other means of communication.
4) The genuineness of the purpose of travel must be verified by the competent authority prior to vaccination, such as admission offers or communication from the institution, already studying in a foreign institution and required to return, Interview call letter, nomination to participate in the Tokyo Olympic Games, and so on.
5) Each beneficiary seeking above-mentioned relaxation must upload the certificate/document in the Co-WIN vaccinator module prior to vaccination.
6) In such instances, it is recommended that the vaccine be obtained through a passport; nevertheless, if a passport was not used at the time of the first dosage administration, the data of the Photo ID cards used for vaccination will be included on the vaccination certificate.
7) If necessary, the competent authority may issue a second certificate that links the vaccination certificate to the beneficiary’s passport number (prototype attached herewith).
8) The facilities will be offered to those who require overseas travel for the above-mentioned activities from August 3rd, 2021 to August 31st, 2021.
Written By: Swati Sahoo