The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has announced the results of the Odisha Civil Services (OCS) Preliminary Examination 2020. The Odisha Civil Services Main Written Examination 2020 has been qualified by 4754 applicants, including 1551 women.
The list of successful candidates’ roll numbers may be downloaded by clicking here.
The Odisha Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020 was held on August 27, 2021, by the OPSC.
The main written test is tentatively set to begin on January 20, 2022. In due course, a detailed announcement to that effect will be released.
Concerned candidates are asked to check the commission’s website (www.opsc.gov.in) on a frequent basis for more information.
(OCS Results Out)
The functions of the Commission are divided into the following four categories:
- Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group ‘B’ posts/services carrying scale of pay of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group ‘A’ posts/services.
- Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalization of departmental proceedings under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
- Advice on matters relating to promotion of officers and fixation of inter-seniority, etc., with regard to officers of Group ‘B’ carrying a pay scale of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and all Group ‘A’ officers.
- Recruitment of candidates to posts/services belonging to Group ‘B’ and above under the State Government.
- Through competitive examination and viva vice test as prescribed in the recruitment rules; and
- Through viva vice test only.