South Eastern Railway has chosen to change the rake of six trains to the most advanced and latest LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) rakes instead of the current conventional rakes in order to give a safe, secure, and comfortable ride to the travelling customers.
- 22839/22840 Rourkela-Bhubaneswar-Rourkela Intercity Express will run with LHB rake w.e.f 25.01.2022 both from Rourkela and Bhubaneswar.
- 18183/18184 Tatanagar-Danapur-Tatanagar Express will run with LHB rake w.e.f 25.01.2022 from Tatanagar and w.e.f 26.01.2022 from Danapur.
- 12857/12858 Howrah-Digha-Howrah Tamralipta Express will run with LHB rake w.e.f 25.01.2022 both from Howrah and Digha.
- 12827/12828 Howrah-Purulia-Howrah Express will run with LHB rake w.e.f 24.01.2022 from Howrah and w.e.f 25.01.2022 from Purulia.
- 18627/18628 Howrah-Ranchi-Howrah Express will run with LHB rake w.e.f 24.01.2022 from Ranchi and w.e.f 25.01.2022 from Howrah.
- 22892/22891 Howrah-Ranchi-Howrah Intercity Express will run with LHB rake w.e.f 26.01.2022 both from Howrah and Ranchi.
The coaches are lighter than traditional coaches since they are made of stainless steel on the outside and aluminium on the inside. They have an improved braking mechanism for greater safety at higher speeds, and they are anti-telescopic, meaning they will not flip if the train derails. The coaches, which were designed with German technology, also prohibit passengers from climbing on one other in the case of an accident.
Chotanagpur Passengers Association, on the other hand, has praised the decision. The measure made by the Railways, according to U K Srivastava, a senior functionary of the organization, will assist increase passenger safety. “I believe that these coaches (LHB) are urgently needed, and that passengers would profit from the change,” he said.
Rourkela railway station is one of Indian Railway’s top hundred booking stations. It is located on the Kolkata–Mumbai South Eastern railway line, which connects the two Indian metropolises. Citizens of Rourkela and Bhubaneswar have praised the government for adopting such an initiative for the welfare and comfort of travellers.