Puri is all set to celebrate Rath Yatra with all its grandeur. A complete schedule was devised for all its rituals and timings were finalised in a meeting of the Chhattisa Nijog held on Sunday.
All the special rituals including Snana Purnima and Niladri Bije have been approved in the meeting held today. Similarly, the schedule and timings for the conduct of Gundicha Yatra, Bahuda, Suna Besha and Adhar Pana rituals were also finalised under the chairmanship of the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) chief administrator.
“All arrangements will be made keeping in mind the Covid-19 norms and guidelines issued by the State government are strictly followed. All Sevayats have assured to cooperate with the SJTA to conduct all rituals smoothly,” said Niti Prasasak (Administrator, Rituals) of Sri Jagannath temple Jitendra Sahu.
The SJTA, earlier, had decided to conduct Covid test (RTPCR) of all sevayats and others who will be engaged during the tenure of Rath Yatra. The Covid test will be conducted in 4 stages:
- before Snana Yatra
- before Gundicha Yatra
- before Bahuda Yatra
- and lastly, 15 days after the Niladri Bije
There would be no congregation of devotees during the Rath Yatra because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The schedule and timing of Rath Yatra are as follows:
- Snana Purnima (June 24): Mangalaparna from 1 am & Pahandi till 4 am Hati Besha from 11 am onwards and Bahuda Pahandi between 5 pm and 8 pm.
- Gundicha Yatra (July 12): Pahandi rituals from 8:30 am Chera Panhara: 2 pm and pulling of chariots from 3 pm
- Bahuda Yatra (July 20): Pahandi rituals between noon & 2:30 pm Pulling of chariots from 4 pm.
- Suna Besha (July 21): Rituals to be conducted between 4 pm and 5: 30 pm
- Adhar Pana (July 22) rituals to be completed by 8 pm and the pahandi rituals will begin from 4 pm and completed by 10 pm on Niladri Bije ( July 23).
By Ankita Mohanty