Bhubaneswar: The Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) of the Odisha government on Monday issued a guideline for the birthday party of upcoming pujas and festivals in the kingdom.
The SRC stated that Ganesh puja, Durga puja, Laxmi puja, kali puja, and other similar puja/ gala’s of other non secular groups are falling in august, September, October, and November of 2021, and people usually congregate and contact every other to celebrate the fairs/ pujas in the course of which it isn’t always viable to adhere to covid suitable behavior and such congregations have an ability to reason the spread of the virus.
It’s far felt essential to issue pointers/ commands for the observance of puja/ party of festivals well earlier in order that the majority, as well as the organizers of such pujas/ festivals, will be suitably organized, it brought.
Now, Guidelines, the following pointers are issued in the interest of the fitness of the general public and for containment of the release of covid-19:
- It is hereby directed that congregation for the celebration of the above gala’s/puja and associated religious and cultural congregations shall not be allowed in public during the kingdom.
- But, nonsecular rituals in churches/ temples/mosques/locations of worship will continue as regular with a confined variety of folks with strict adherence to covid protocols.
- The residents are allowed to have a look at the said pujas/ festivals of their premises without inflicting any congregation at any place and keeping all safety protocols, which includes social distancing, wearing masks, right sanitization, and many others.
- The puja committees/organizers/ in rural and urban regions are allowed to behave puja in mandaps/ pandals as consistent with the following commands:
- For engaging in puja in puja pandals/ mandaps, the organizers shall apply to and gain important permission from the district magistrate or any other officer accepted via him/ her. For the area beneath the commissioner of police of Cuttack and Bhubaneswar, such permission will be given with the aid of the commissioner of police of Cuttack and Bhubaneswar or every other officer authorized by him/ her.
- Puja(s) will be performed in indoor-like conditions simplest for observance of rituals without public participation, pomp, and grandeur.
- Puja pandals/ mandaps will be blanketed on 3 sides. The 4th aspect shall also be covered in a way no longer to permit any public view of the idols. There will be no darshan with the aid of the public/ devotees.
- The size of the idol shall be less than 4 feet.
- There shall be no need for a public address system.
- At any given factor of time, there shall no longer be greater than 7 folks consisting of organizers and monks and support body of workers gift within the puja pandal/ mandap.
- The people present at puja pandal/ mandap shall follow all covid protocols of social distancing, masks use, non-public hygiene, and sanitation issued with the aid of vital/ nation government/ neighborhood administration in letter and spirit.
- The organizers and other men and women concerned in accomplishing the puja shall abide with the aid of some other condition(s) as imposed by way of their nearby administration/ suitable authority.
Source: Kalinga TV.